Review: Yuneec Typhoon Action Cam with 4K Video Recording
Today we received and reviewed the Typhoon Action Cam with 4K video recording by a company named Yuneec. I have to say this 4k video camera is amazing! The action cam has handheld integrated 3-axis gimbal powered by the CGO3 camera built by Yuneec that they also use with their Q500 4K Drone. The camera can shoot in 4k ultra high definition resolution at 30 frames per second or up to 120 frames per second in 1080p HD. The video recording is controlled through your smartphone using the CGO3 smartphone app for (Android) or (iPhone) and can handle up to a 6.4″ phone. The action cam will also shoot still images at 12 megapixels using their no distortion lens and gives you a 115 degree field of viewing. Within the app their are some cool features such as user controlled resolution, white balance control and light exposure settings. The camera features a 90 minute run time and is compatible with previous Typhoon camera gimbals. The camera pitch control (up & down) which is electronic and located on the back of the action cam is easily controlled with your thumb. The device includes a 1400 mah LiPo battery unlike the earlier version which required rechargeable batteries. The device is available starting today from http://www.yuneec.com/Typhoon-ActionCam .
- 4K Video Recording at 30 frames per second
- Slow motion 1080p HD recording at 120 frames per second
- Lightweight Steadygrip
- 1400 mah battery instead of having 8 rechargeables as the previous version
- Smartphone control with the CGO app and works with Android or iOS
- Smooth shots regardless of shakiness or bumps
- Video recording runtime of 90 minutes.
- Does not pan left and right electronically
- Mic does not pick up sound well
Here is a 4K test video filmed with the Typhoon Action Cam ( NO SOUND )
Here is a Typhoon ActionCam video we filmed using the mic this time