Cell phones are incredibly useful devices. However, they also can be relatively fragile. Because of this, they can get easily damaged if they are dropped, stepped on, scratched, etc. If your cell phone breaks, then you have two options; you can buy a new one, or you can get your broken one repaired.
Some people instantly make the decision to buy a new one when their cell phone breaks. However, this can be a big mistake. Here are some great reasons why you should consider getting your broken cell phone fixed at a cell phone repair shop instead of buying a new one.
Benefits of Cell Phone Repair
- Repairing is generally less expensive
- Oftentimes, it can be significantly cheaper to fix a cellphone than it is to replace it. For example, it often costs roughly $100 to fix a cracked screen. However, it can cost $500 – $700 to buy a brand new smartphone. Many other issues are also less expensive to repair than to replace.
- Faster to repair than replace
- Repairing a cellphone can be done very quickly. Some repairs can even be done in minutes such as replacing a broken screen protector. Many others take a half hour, an hour, etc. When you compare this to the amount of time that many people spend researching phones, going to the phone store, dealing with the salesperson, and possibly even ordering and waiting for a new phone, repairs can be much quicker.
- Don’t lose your data when repairing your phone
- Oftentimes when phones are replaced, data can be lost. This can include contact info, apps, photo and video files, and more. It can be a major hassle to have to go through and try to build all of this data from the beginning. Getting your phone repaired versus replaced can help you to prevent undergoing this in many circumstances.
Common Cell Phone Repairs
- Cracked screen
- Roughly one in five smartphone users has a cracked screen. This is because when a cell phone drops, the screen is often the part of the phone that is the most delicate, and the most subject to damage. Broken screens can be easily fixed at cell phone repair shops.
- Broken Home Button
- A broken home button can be a major issue. This is because unlike a cracked screen, a broken home button is not just a cosmetic issue. It can actually effect your ability to operate your phone. If you have a broken home button, it can be extremely inconvenient. But that doesn’t mean you should through away your phone and buy a new one! Most cellphone repair shops will be able to easily fix this problem for you. They can do this with cleaning techniques, or by replacing your home button.
- Broken Charging Ports
- This is another common issue that cellphone repair shops frequently deal with. Charging ports can be vulnerable to damage. This is because if a phone is accidentally yanked while it is charging, it can harm the port. Over months or years of use, this or similar events can happen many times.
Conclusion On Cell Phone Repair
In some circumstances, it may be impossible to repair your phone, and you may be required to buy a new one. For example, water damage can oftentimes ruin a phone beyond repair.
However, in many circumstances, cell phones can be repaired. Repairs can be cheaper, faster, and significantly more convenient than buying a brand new phone. This is especially true for cracked screens, broken home buttons, and broken charging ports, three of the most common phone issues.
If you are looking for a great cell phone repair shop, RockIT Repairs is a great option. RockIT Repairs can repair all of your cell phone issues, and they can get the job done quickly and professionally. So, next time your phone breaks, don’t just automatically assume replacing it is the best thing to do. Fixing it may be the better option by far!